Monday, February 3, 2014

Friendship Star

Good Monday Morning!  It's raining here, turning to snow soon, here in Maryland! Will the lecture get canceled tonight? Will I get home easily?   Will my nose ever stop dripping? 
Yeah. Arrived here and a mild fuzzy head turned into my having a nice big red nose… ALL TUFFY HEADED… yes I meant, "TUFFY"  the "s" gets lost in the clouded head… LOL!

Besides that! We had a great class yesterday! The nice thing about being able to drive to a workshop, is that I can bring  my whole house full of quilts!  We had a lot of fun, pulling out every quilt, talking about what else can we do to PLAY, trying templates, colors and even cutting up orphan blocks.

 
Harriet brought in 6 blocks that she was not happy with, and did not know what to do with them. As we were talking about, "what quilt do you say you'd never make," she said, "A Double Wedding Ring…"So, with that being said….. out came the Rotary Cutter, and Darlene Zimmerman's DWR template…. a jump into the scrap bin… and…



 TADA! She was so pleased with it. 

 ;-)  And... she got it all together… A good day!


I had such a nice day with these ladies. Thanks Friendship Star quilters for having me down! I'm hoping the storm passes quickly and we can still have the lecture tonight… I maybe a bit scratch though! I woke up this morning sounding like a horse…  haha! ( cough cough….)


I'l be nursing my stuffy head all day…. Better go find my bagel before the snow really flies! ;-)



9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun class. Love what you did with the unwanted blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that block transformation! Hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so sorry you have a bad cold, sounds like you should be home in bed. Just bad timing.

    Healing thoughts coming your way.

    Hugs from Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea! I loved this block idea, and it would never in a million years have occurred to me, even after using made fabric. Brilliant!
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon. Teaching and lecturing with a sore troat and sniffles is not so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun class, Victoria! Hope you are feeling better soon. Tis the season. Seems like everyone I know has a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a real trooper! Take care coming home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a good time was had by all! Hope your tea helped. I'm a green tea junkie for sure. I call it my force field. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better. The class looks like it was a lot of fun! I got my signature block done and it is waiting for the postman to come. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!